Re: [EXIM] Restricting connections from a single IP address

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: vtmue
CC: eml
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Restricting connections from a single IP address

vtmue@??? said:
} In this particular case, shouldn't it be the easiest way just to block
} the moron out there via router configuration? If someone would harrass
} me with DoS attacks, I'd be glad to stop him at the first point
} possible. Btw in this case the problem becomes that of the networking
} department :)

Its a set of dialup modems with dynamic IP. We can terminate the account
as soon as we have it identified, but we can still be load limited until
we sort it. We have rate limiting running to prevent the mail going
through, but simultaneous session limiting would be very useful.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 207 6112                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]