Re: [EXIM] Accepting Mail for All Subdomains

Author: Jim Knoble
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Accepting Mail for All Subdomains
Have you considered making symlinks to from blah.domain.com.db to
domain.com.db? That is, fix the problem on a filesystem level instead
of on the MTA level?

--jim

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% jim knoble %%%%%%%% jmknoble@??? %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

På 1998-Oct-01 klokka 12:57:06 -0700 skrivet Jared Proudfoot:

: I'm having some problems (again), and I'm hoping someone can help...
:
: What I'm trying to do is get exim to accept mail for any possible subdomain of
: a domain we host. For example, we're hosting domain.com but for some reason
: people keep emailing www.domain.com, this.domain.com, anotherhost.domain.com,
: blah.domain.com, etc. What I want to do is accept mail for *.domain.com and
: deliver using domain.com's alias file.
:
: To try and accomplish this I've used the partial- search to look through the
: my virtual-domains table. This seems to work well. Exim realizes that
: blah.domain.com is part of *.domain.com and tries to deliver it.
:
: My problem is when it trys to determine that alias file to use. My director
: looks like this:
:
: virtual_aliases:
: driver = aliasfile;
: domains = partial-lsearch;/usr/exim/virtual-domains,
: no_more,
: file = /usr/exim/domains/$domain/aliases.db,
: search_type = dbm*,
: modemask = 002,
: user = mail,
: group = mail
:
: When exim tries to use the aliasfile, it opens up blah.domain.com and not
: domain.com. Since I only have an alias file for domain.com, this fails.
:
: 1998-10-01 11:50:16 0zO3Sh-0002fc-00 virtual_aliases director: failed to open
: /usr/exim/domains/blah.domain.com/aliases.db as a db (v1) file: No such file
: or directory
:
: Does that make sense? Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get exim to
: this? Should I be trying to rewrite the addresses? Any suggestions would be
: greatly appreciated.