Re: [EXIM] redirecting email from root to elsewhere (fwd)

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
To: Oliver Seidel
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] redirecting email from root to elsewhere (fwd)

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Oliver Seidel wrote:
> Sometimes, however, software on my machine sends email to "root" or
> "root@???", which will get forwarded to the departmental
> postmaster, who in turn is not happy about it.
>
> Now, my machine, only having a root account and my personal
> account, is instructed to forward all mail through the network, so that
> I get a timestamp for everything I send. I guess I wish to make an
> exception for that in the case of user "root".
>
> Is there any way of making my local exim installation send this email to a
> local user on my machine, say "os10000" or "root" or something of that
> sort? And how would I do this?

How are you sinding the mail on to cl.cam.ac.uk ?
One way is to with an address rewriting rule in your configure file,
something like:
    *@oliver.cl.dpmms.cam.ac.uk $1@??? bcfrF

With that in place you then need another rule, *before* that one,
which says not to do that for root,
    root@??? root@??? tq
Because of the "q" flag, this apparently pointless rule stops the ones
afterwards being obeyed, so the mail stays on oliver instead of being
redirected to cl.

You should think carefully about which other address lines you want to
change, ie I am not sure that bcfrF and t are appropriate for you.

Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna