[EXIM] redirecting email from root to elsewhere (fwd)

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Oliver Seidel
To: exim-users
Betreff: [EXIM] redirecting email from root to elsewhere (fwd)
Hello,

I have checked the faq, but couldn't see how any of the examples would
relate to my particular case. Maybe you could help ...

I am a student with a dialup account. When connected to the network,
my machine is part of a domain (say, my machine OLIVER has the name
oliver.cl.cam.ac.uk). The domain is generally set up in such a way that
all email to root@??? is sent to postmaster@???.

Sometimes, however, software on my machine sends email to "root" or
"root@???", which will get forwarded to the departmental
postmaster, who in turn is not happy about it.

Now, my machine, only having a root account and my personal
account, is instructed to forward all mail through the network, so that
I get a timestamp for everything I send. I guess I wish to make an
exception for that in the case of user "root".

Is there any way of making my local exim installation send this email to a
local user on my machine, say "os10000" or "root" or something of that
sort? And how would I do this?

Thanks a lot,

Oliver