Re: [EXIM] refusing all mail from a domain with certain exce…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Mitch
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: Pollywog, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] refusing all mail from a domain with certain exceptions
Philip Hazel <ph10@???> writes:

> On 22 Sep 1998, Mitch wrote:
>
> > Now, how do I refuse mail for addresses containing a specific pattern at
> > my domain, other than listing them separately?
> >
> > I was thinking in terms of {mb.???.98}@??? where
> > ??? is a month and
> > the braces are sometimes there, sometimes not.
>
> If the address is not directable at your domain, it will get refused as
> "unknown user" in the normal way. Or do you mean mail *from* specific
> patterns at your domain? You could do that with
>
> sender_reject_recipients = ^{?mb\.\w{3}\.98}?@my\.domain$

Thanks for your reply, Phil.

With a static IP address, I can obviously use an infinite no of
addresses. I therefore do not automatically refuse mail as 'unknown
user'. Such mail gets routed into a special mail spool ----

1) It saves me much embarrassment if I subscribe to a mailing list under
a different identity and forget to add that address to my alias list.

2) It allows people to make spelling mistakes when mailing me.

No, it's the identities I use for usenet postings.The 'from' address
always gets farmed by the spammers, so I prefer to bounce all mail
addressed to certain identities.

I can do this ATM with

{mb.jun98}:    :fail:
mb.jun98:    :fail:
{mb.jul98}:    :fail:
mb.jul98:    :fail:

but it would be so nice if I could express all the above as a pattern.

Thanks

--
Mitch
[Using RedHat5.1]