Re: [EXIM] wish-list: :unknown:

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Peter Radcliffe
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [EXIM] wish-list: :unknown:
Philip Hazel <ph10@???> probably said:
> On Fri, 18 Sep 1998, Peter Radcliffe wrote:
> > A'la the alias file entries :fail: and :defer:, I'd like :unknown:
> > so in a * searched aliasfile its trivial to have a *: address entry and
> > have some unknown addresses (the ones that got onto spam lists) ...
>
> Sorry, I don't quite follow what the characteristics of :unknown: are
> meant to be. How does it differ from :fail: ?

I would like it to produce exactly the same output as if the address had
never existed. :fail: produces different output.

I can produce the output with an address that is forced to fail (like
using an ${if eq {0}{1} {foo}fail}) but I don't want to have to duplicate
that everywhere I want it, or maintain a different db file of failed
addresses (makes it hard for customers/users to add them and its less
clear if its elsewhere).

I have a director that deals with 'unknown@localhost' and produces something
that is _almost_ the same as a true unknown bounce, but not quite, and
I'd like to have it correct (like with the failed recipients header, etc)
and not have to keep maintaining it to be as close as I can get :/

P.

--
pir               pir@???      pir@???      pir@???