Re: [EXIM] The Body Vanishes (or: a nasty gotcha with use_cr…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Malcolm Beattie
Cc: Philip Hazel, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] The Body Vanishes (or: a nasty gotcha with use_crlf and prefix)
There are various pitfalls like this.

I found one where Microsoft Outlook Express (within MSIE) apparently lost
the body of messages entirely if the message contained any MIME parts.

This was tracked down to both exim (with suffix = \n) and my pop daemon,
*really* making sure that the last line was terminated, and so adding an
extra blank line at the end of the mail. MSIE reacted to the extra blank
line by blowing up its MIME parser :-(

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 207 6112                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]