Re: [EXIM] POP3

Author: Tom
To: Doug S
CC: gyan, Exim Users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] POP3

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Doug S wrote:

> In the last two years, the UW pop/imap package got hit twice - but
> fixes were promptly released. This is the code I'm using (partly

> If you *just* want POP, the Qualcomm qpopper is well thought-of. It
> had a recent security hit too, but that was promptly fixed.

Qpopper has been hit before, although minor. It used to allow
unlimited, unlogged login attempts. Very easy to setup a brute-force
system.

Anyhow, no exploits have been found in Cyrus imapd/popd server. Cyrus
is also tons faster than Qpopper (standard UNIX mailbox format is terrible
for large messages).

> --
> Doug S. (doug@???) (http://cc.ysu.edu/~doug/)
>
> If you get hung up on what you did wrong, you're never gonna get anywhere.
>         -- Kenneth Copeland

Tom