Re: [EXIM] configuration and/or format problems

Author: Jhvh-1
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] configuration and/or format problems

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Philip Hazel wrote:

> I think you might be slightly confused between "incoming" and "outgoing"
> relaying. Check out the diagram in section 41.5.

Ok. Sorry, my bad. I get the idea now.

> > relay_domains:  domains who should be able to relay thru us.  Includes 3rd
> >        party ISPs that some customers dial into.  All this is in
> >        a file, one domain per line.  It is searched via
> >        'partial-lsearch'.

> Assuming that by "who should be able to relay thru us" you mean "for
> whom incoming messages can be relayed through us" this is OK. If you
> really mean to refer to hosts that can relay *outwards* through you,
> this isn't correct. (Have a look at sender_address_relay and
> relay_match_host_or_sender.)

Makes sense. I am using the 'sender_address_relay' and
'relay_match_host_or_sender'. I am getting a reject based on a "sender
and host". The config file part looks like:

sender_address_relay = "/usr/local/.../customer/relay-addresses"

And my relay-addresses file look like:

*.somedomain.com:    *
somedomain.com:    *

I *think* (from what I have read on-line) this should allow anyone from
somedomain.com to match. Right?

Thanks in Advance (again!)
Benton