Re: [EXIM] POP3

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ben Smithurst
A: Gyan Mathur, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] POP3
Gyan Mathur wrote:

> Has anyone got any suggestions as to which POP3 server software to
> use? I keep hearing rumours that some of the popular ones have got
> security holes but am not sure which rumours to believe; basically I
> need something that is robust, easy to set up (under FreeBSD), free to
> commercial sites (available under the GNU licence or similar) and
> works from a mail file in standard format.

The UW imap package includes a pop3 daemon, ipop3d. It should be easy
to set up under FreeBSD because it's available as a package. You should
be able to find it on your nearest FreeBSD mirror under
/pub/FreeBSD/packages, but if you really can't find it, I can mail it to
you (~325k). Filename imap-uw-*.tgz

I don't know how robust it is, since I hardly ever use POP3, but it's
worth trying. I don't know what license it is, you'd have to check that
too.

--
Ben Smithurst : ben@??? : http://www.scientia.demon.co.uk/

PGP: 0x99392F7D - 3D 89 87 42 CE CA 93 4C  68 32 0E D5 36 05 3D 16
     http://www.scientia.demon.co.uk/ben/pgp-key.html (or use keyservers)