Re: [EXIM] configuration and/or format problems

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Jhvh-1
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] configuration and/or format problems
I think you might be slightly confused between "incoming" and "outgoing"
relaying. Check out the diagram in section 41.5.

On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Jhvh-1 wrote:

> local_domains:    all of our local domains. seperated by colons

OK

> relay_domains:  domains who should be able to relay thru us.  Includes 3rd
>        party ISPs that some customers dial into.  All this is in
>        a file, one domain per line.  It is searched via
>        'partial-lsearch'.

Assuming that by "who should be able to relay thru us" you mean "for
whom incoming messages can be relayed through us" this is OK. If you
really mean to refer to hosts that can relay *outwards* through you,
this isn't correct. (Have a look at sender_address_relay and
relay_match_host_or_sender.)

> sender_net_accept_relay: our 1 and a half class C

OK

> sender_host_accept_relay: the same as 'relay_domains'

No. This specifies hosts, not domains. If the only hosts you want to
accept mail from for general relay to the world are your 1 and a half
class C, then all you need is the sender_net_accept_relay setting.

> sender_host_reject_relay: spammers domains.  Searched via
>              'partial-lsearch'

Likewise, you don't want this.

> sender_reject_recipients: spammers. Searched via 'partial-lsearch'

OK

> Here are my questions:
>
> 1) Is this the best/easiest way to do this?

It's the only way!

> 2) How should files be configured?

Seems OK as you have it.

> 3) Have I finally gone insane? :)

Pass.

> Thanks In Advance,

Have a look at the -bh option. It is useful for testing these kinds of
configuration setting.