Re: [EXIM] EXIM - Netscape

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Patrick Boutilier
A: CDI Tech
Cc: Exim List
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] EXIM - Netscape
I've run into that problem before. The problem is probably with the POP3
daemon. We were using popper which creates a temporary .userid.popper
file when a user checks mail using POP3. I think the idea is that if the
connection is broken the temp file can be used to put the
/var/spoll/mail file back the way it was before the POP3 session
started.

Anyhow, what was happening here was that the clients were timing out
because of huge attachments in the mail file and the temp .popper file
was being added to the existing /var/spool/mail file thus the huge mail
message would be repeated as many times as the user tried to POP3 the
mail.

Our solution was to run ipop3d. In this case the client just times out
and the mail file stays the same size.

--
Patrick Boutilier
Computer Services Officer