Re: [EXIM] pop daemon

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Marc Haber
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] pop daemon

Marc.Haber-lists@??? said:
} I have heard that the qmail popper can do the same thing. You'd have
} to slice the qmail popper out of the qmail package (which does not
} seem too easy to do) and to have exim deliver into a mailq (which I
} believe it can do).

You mean a maildir - yes this can easily be done. We use that for our
mail systems. Qmail's popper is attractive since the authentication is
abstracted out into a neat small program which does just that and nothing
else.

} ON a second thought, the mailq concept starts to intrigue me more and
} more - the "no locks" argument is a strong one.

Maildir is great for simple mail operations. However getting an IMAP
daemon to work on it is more "interesting".

Another serious contender for sealed box mail systems is the Cyrus IMAP
daemon.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 207 6112                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]