Re: [EXIM] Warning messages

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Horne
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Warning messages
On 11-Sep-98 at 14:14:04 Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, John Horne wrote:
>>
>>    The following address(es) have not yet been delivered:

>>         mjevatt@???

>> To the user this is confusing/wrong; the message was sent to
>> 'mjevatt@???'. The above is the correct envelope address, as
>> specified by our rewriting rules. Is there any way of getting exim to use
>> the
>> To: address instead though?
>
> I see the confusion, but the answer is "No" because MTAs work only on
> envelopes. What with forwarding and aliasing, which can happen on one
> machine which then sends to another machine which then fails, I don't
> know how a struggling MTA can possibly decide how an envelope address
> relates to one of possibly many To: (or Cc:) addresses, if at all.

Understood. In which case I think I'll add a bit more text to the message to
explain that the address is correct despite being different to the one they
used.

John.

John Horne                                     E-mail: J.Horne@???
Academic and Information Services              Phone :  +44 (0) 1752 - 233911
University of Plymouth, UK                     Fax   :  +44 (0) 1752 - 233919