Re: [EXIM] Dial Up SMTP

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Paul Slootman
題目: Re: [EXIM] Dial Up SMTP
On Thu 10 Sep 1998, Jim Knoble wrote:

> I have a setup that deals specifically with dialup-type systems. It's
> based on the following:
>
>   - Exim is configure to queue remote messages (queue_remote) and
>     deliver local ones immediately.

>   - Remote mail is delivered directly via SMTP (could also be delivered
>     to a smart relay).

> - The SysV initscript starts Exim with no queue-running (exim -bd).
>
>   - The /etc/ppp/if-up script restarts Exim with a queue-runner (exim
>     -q10m -bd).

>   - The /etc/ppp/if-down script restarts Exim without the queue-runner
>     again.

> This works incredibly well for me (much better than smail ever did).

I got a similar suggestion via private email, and this is currently
looking like the best way of handling things in the existing exim
environment.

> If you like, i can make the various scripts (it's on Red Hat Linux 4.2)
> available from my web page.

If you could, that would save me some basic research :-) I use Debian 2.0,
but that's not too different from RH to pose a problem here.

Thanks,
Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@??? | work: paul@??? | debian: paul@???