[EXIM] Suggestions: Some hooks for Exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Georg v.Zezschwitz
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] Suggestions: Some hooks for Exim
Hello,

I know Philip is filled up to the top with new suggestions.

However, I'd like to know what some other users think
about the implementation of three hooks for Exim
for external programs.

The hooks should act on the SMTP-sender passing the
"MAIL FROM", the "RCPT TO" and the "HELO"-command.

The external programs should be given as parameters (or
environment):

- the parameter
- the IP-No / Name of the client
- the size of the message (if given by "MAIL FROM: <fdsf@sdf> SIZE=xxx")
- other information?

They should return the intended output, e.g. "250 O.k.".

What might you do with such hooks?

RCPT TO:
 - Implementation of recipient based message size limits
   (like:
     - "5xx nothing > 100.000 for my UUCP systems",
     - "4xx Sorry, Paul has already 50 MB in his Box"
    )
 - Check, if certain users do exist (on our site our POP3-
   customers are no local users, they don't exist in the
   /etc/passwd, and for some other reason Exim can't assure
   if they exist.
 - Implement meaningful messages like the ones from some providers
   "User has been banned for spamming".

MAIL FROM:
- Implementation of more sophisticated sender addressed based
rejection tools

HELO:
Stop the discussion on the mailing list what Exim should do
here :-)

What do others think?

Greetings,

Georg