[EXIM] Procmail IFS error resolved!

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Robert Zilbauer
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [EXIM] Procmail IFS error resolved!
My gratitude goes out to Peter Radcliffe who just solved the Procmail problem
I was experiencing. Thank you!

In case anyone else has this problem in the future, here's what fixed it
(though I don't quite understand why).

The original director looked like this:

procmail:
driver = localuser
require_files = ${home}/.procmailrc
transport = procmail_pipe

This continually and consistently resulted in a permission denied error as
Exim wouldn't change EUID to the user (with or without the "user =
${local_part}" line in the procmail_pipe transport).

However, Peter (brilliant man that he is), suggested a slightly altered form
of the procmail director. I used his require_files line and came up with this
new director definition:

procmail:
driver = localuser
require_files = ${local_part}:${home}/.procmailrc:+/usr/local/bin/procmail
transport = procmail_pipe

This now works flawlessly. Exim switches EUID/EGID as it's supposed to. Why? I
have no idea. But the "${local_part}" in the require_files line is the key.
Without that bit (leaving everything else the same) I'd get:

calling procmail director
require_files = /users2/zilbauer/.procmailrc:+/usr/local/bin/procmail
test existence of /users2/zilbauer/.procmailrc
required present, EACCES => unknown
Permission denied
procmail director deferred zilbauer
message: file existence defer in procmail director: Permission denied

But, with that magic piece in place, Exim happily reports:

calling procmail director
require_files = zilbauer:/users2/zilbauer/.procmailrc:+/usr/local/bin/procmail
require files euid=102 egid=10
test existence of /users2/zilbauer/.procmailrc
required present, EACCES => unknown
No such file or directory
restored euid=21120 egid=6
procmail director skipped: file existence failure

And so ends a rather mysterious (and somewhat frustrating) chapter in 'My Life
with Exim'.

My thanks to everyone who offered suggestions in my time of need.

--
Robert C. Zilbauer, Jr.                          Europa Communications Inc
Primary: zilbauer@???                   Secondary: zilbauer@???

          "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."