[EXIM] Procmail IFS error revisited

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Robert Zilbauer
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] Procmail IFS error revisited
I'm looking at switching from Smail (3.2.0.98) to the latest version of Exim.
In my tests, I ran across the Procmail IFS error:

"IFS='" command not found for address_pipe transport

We've got too many users to make everyone change their procmail setups, so I'm
looking for alternate solutions. I'd prefer to stay away from the 'use_shell'
option, if at all possible, as I like the added security.

Back in July '97, this topic was discussed here. Ned Schumann and Dom Mitchell
suggested the following:

[Ned Schumann]
> The last entry in "MAIN CONFIGURATION SETTINGS" is...
> procmail_pipe:
> driver = pipe;
> command = "/usr/local/bin/procmail -d ${local_part}",
> from_hack,
> user = exim

[Dom Mitchell]
> Try the following director, above the
> forwardfile director in your configure file:
>
> procmail:
> driver = localuser,
> require_files = ${home}/.procmailrc,
> transport = procmail_pipe;

Is this still the best solution (I've yet to try it myself) or is 'use_shell'
the only alternative?

Thanks for the help.

--
Robert C. Zilbauer, Jr.                          Europa Communications Inc
Primary: zilbauer@???                   Secondary: zilbauer@???

          "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."