Re: [EXIM] Inconsitancy with :fail: in alias

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Jeffrey Goldberg
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Inconsitancy with :fail: in alias
On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Philip Hazel wrote:
>
> > exim -bv -v i.csendes@???
> >        ^
> >        ^

> That was a -bt

I know, but if you use -bv I predict you will get a different answer.

> That is what I had thought the message after :fail: was for. But now that
> I read the specs again it says that the text "is placed in the error
> message". By that you meant the delivery report error message, while I
> was assuming the 550 error message in case of verify failures.

Indeed. I have made a note to improve things in that regard in due
course.

> Got it! But I can't use the same alias file for both. The aliases file
> for the verify_only check should not fail.

Yes you can use the same alias file. My smartuser example showed you how
to do that. Smartuser is not using the results of the lookup.

> PS: I've been trying to see how I can work in a very bad pun in Hungarian
> about the address I was playing with, I.Csendes (a real expired address)
> and the fact that the error message I had contrived in the aliases file
> was never actually reported. It should have been easy ("csendes" means
> 'quiet' or 'silent').

Over my head. The only Hungarian I know is "kursurnurm" (sp?) and the
phrase "nem magyar"...