[EXIM] Linux compile problem

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Adam B. Kanis
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [EXIM] Linux compile problem
hi all,

i've read and i've searched the archives, but my newbiness is working
against me in figuring out where the problem is, though it looks to be
related to the DB stuff. i tried to figure out from the DB discussion
text what might help, but i really didn't see any solutions.

i was trying to compile exim on a Linux machine (2.0.32 kernel RedHat
distribution). when i do the make, things look like they're going fine
for a while then i hit a bunch of errors, mainly 'undefined reference
to' errors. they occurred in dbfn.o (to dbm_open + others ), in dns.o
(to dns_expand + others), and in autoreply.o (to dbm_open + others).

i even tried commenting out the
LOOKUP_DBM=yes
LOOKUP_LSEARCH=yes

lines, but that didn't change anything (i really didn't understand the
docs here).

btw - the machine has gdbm-1.7.3-14.
btw^2 - when i go to recompile, do i just do a make makefile, or
should i blow away some directories, or anything special?

thanks very much in advance.

--adam