Re: [EXIM] How to do partial lookups with LDAP ?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
To: James FitzGibbon
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] How to do partial lookups with LDAP ?

james@??? said:
} But this will only look up the local part. Is it possible to get exim
} to try the query again, using '*' for the local part, or do I have to
} create another director which is called after the one above ? I can
} see the benefits to both approaches, but wanted to clarify the
} behaviour first.

another way would be to have a logical or function (there is one, but I
don't know if it works like this), with short circuiting, so that
   or{\
    {ldap://LDAPSERVER/domain=$domain,ou=Customers,o=ACC\
                ?ldapauthforwarding\
                ?sub\
                ?(&(login=$local_part)(forward=*))}\
    {ldap://LDAPSERVER/domain=$domain,ou=Customers,o=ACC\
                ?ldapauthforwarding\
                ?sub\
                ?(&(login=*)(forward=*))}\
     }

gave you the first expression if it worked, or the second one.
[The manual says that or{} does short circuit, but not what it returns -
probably just true/false]

It would be good if this could be loaded into the ldap driver, though,
since that would allow query optomisation which might become an issue
(with other drivers maybe).

This is all starting to impinge on another message I am writing currently
about programming within exim... so wait with baited breath for that....

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 207 6112                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]