[EXIM] How to do partial lookups with LDAP ?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: James FitzGibbon
To: exim-users
Betreff: [EXIM] How to do partial lookups with LDAP ?

We've recently changed from a configuration where all "virtual" aliases
were in one large dbm file to an LDAP-based query.

The old file contained keys like this:

james@???:        james@???
*@ican.net:        james@???

And so we used the "dbm*@" search type. A lookup for 'foo@???"
would then be looked up using three possible keys: 'foo@???',
'*@ican.net', and '*'.

The new LDAP query looks something like this:

ldap://LDAPSERVER/domain=$domain,ou=Customers,o=ACC\
                ?ldapauthforwarding\
                ?sub\
                ?(&(login=$local_part)(forward=*))"

But this will only look up the local part. Is it possible to get exim to
try the query again, using '*' for the local part, or do I have to create
another director which is called after the one above ? I can see the
benefits to both approaches, but wanted to clarify the behaviour first.

TIA.

--
j.

James FitzGibbon                                                james@???
System Engineer, ACC Global Net                   Voice/Fax (416)207-7171/7610