Re: [EXIM] virtual domains w/o changing local_domains

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: vtmue
A: Alexander Koch
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] virtual domains w/o changing local_domains
On Sun, 16 Aug 1998, Alexander Koch wrote:
> Works, except that I have to maintain a config file with all the
> domains in it (for local_domains and for the director)
> what is to be avoided...

Accepting mail for non-local domains would be relaying - which is not
quite the thing you want to do, or did I miss something?

> Now, two things.. I'd like to have a file with email redirections
> in it (usually a pop3 box) in the form "initials@??? targum1".

You can either set up alias files per domain or specify aliases with
host/domain names in one single file. Those aliases can either point to a
local user, another emailaddress or a file.

> I'd also like to have a director (?) after the previous one which
> just uses a single file for each domain (file=/etc/exim/aliases/$domain).

Ok, what you want is be able to put initials@??? append to
/var/mail/targum1 but route (for example) all other mail for *@targum.de
to another file/address, right?
There are several ways to do that depending on the addresses you want to
treat in a different way before reaching that "second director".
For addresses that match no common pattern alias file(s) should work, for
other situations a smartuser may the "smarter" decision :)

In a probably similar environment, my config ends like this:
[..]
postmaster:
driver = smartuser
local_parts = "root:abuse:postmaster:daemon:watchdog:exim:pop"
new_address = big_brother@???

virtual:
driver = aliasfile
group = mail
domains = partial-lsearch;/etc/mail/LD-list
no_more
file = "${lookup {$domain} partial-lsearch \
{/etc/mail/LD-list} {$value} fail}"
search_type = lsearch*
[..]

Where LD-list holds simple entries like:
[..]
*.vdoma.in1:                       /etc/mail/vdomain1
[..]

> Now, do these two things work w/o setting the domains in
> local_domains? Any ideas?

Why should that work? There are MX-records pointing to your host and you
have your MTA configured what mail to accept as local and/or to relay (if
ever). And, what is most, if you process mails for certain domains those
domains ARE local, so why don't you want to set them as local?

hth,
Volker

PS: Irgendwie ist das ja komisch, sich hier auf englisch zu unterhalten,
aber wir sind hier wohl die Minderheit :)
   Volker T. Mueller             Freiburg im Breisgau BRD   "hope is the
   Student der Informatik        vtmue@???       denial of
   Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet   +49 (0)761 35503            reality"