Re: [EXIM] virtual domains w/o changing local_domains

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Radcliffe
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] virtual domains w/o changing local_domains
Alexander Koch <exim-users@???> probably said:
> Works, except that I have to maintain a config file with all the
> domains in it (for local_domains and for the director)
> what is to be avoided...

If you don't tell exim that the domains are local, it doesn't know they
are local and can't run directors for them.

> Now, two things.. I'd like to have a file with email redirections
> in it (usually a pop3 box) in the form "initials@??? targum1".
> I'd also like to have a director (?) after the previous one which
> just uses a single file for each domain (file=/etc/exim/aliases/$domain).
>
> Now, do these two things work w/o setting the domains in
> local_domains? Any ideas?

Create a script that builds the list of domains from all the domains
mentioned in your first alias file and all the files in /etc/exim/aliases
and reference that by lsearch or dbm fron local_domains.

Personally I'd say things like this are a bad idea and leave you open
for configuration errors.
Either you are dealing with a domain, an MX record point at you and
you have the domains listed in a db file for local_domains and the
director that deals with virtual domains, or you don't ...

How much extra work when you change MX records is dropping the domain
into a db/flat file ?

P.

--
pir               pir@???      pir@???      pir@???