Re: [EXIM] Truncating MIME headers?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: patl
A: Nigel Metheringham
Cc: Exim Users Mailing List
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Truncating MIME headers?
> } That being said; perhaps we could publish the Exim-filter equivalent
> } of the procmail/perl hack; along with any info known about which
> } client versions are vulnerable and where to look for client fixes.
>
> It can't be done as an exim filter, but you can call pretty much exactly
> the same procmail/perl set as a transport filter to do that. Remember
> that for appendfile or pipe (the 2 most likely local delivery agents), the
> filter will be called once per recipient.
>
> You might do better to use procmail as your local delivery agent and
> include the filter as the base procmail setup.

Not a palatable option in my case - most of the mail goes to IMAP
mailboxes via the Cyrus 'deliver' program. With the various hacks
for virtual domain delivery, I'm already pushing my complexity
comfort zone.

But I wasn't really planning on putting in any system-wide filter.
I'd rather notify the users. Give the unix users a clue what to
put into their ~/.forward files; and give the Windows users pointers
to where to go to see if their favorite MUA has been fixed yet.

It would be nice if there were also a cookbook solution for those
mail admins who want to install a system-wide filter; but I'm not
sure that 'use procmail to deliver' is acceptable. (How would
that affect users who are using Exim filters in their ~/.forward?)

-Pat