Re: [EXIM] New user

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Jon Gunnar Rue
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] New user
On Sun, 9 Aug 1998, Jon Gunnar Rue wrote:

> >0z5UdZ-0000AA-00-H
> >rgunnar 500 500
> ><rgunnar@???>
> >902665909 0
> >-ident rgunnar
> >-received_protocol local
> >-body_linecount 0
> >-local
> >XX
> >1

Nothing more? That "1" indicates one recipient address, but you have not
listed what it is.

> 1998-08-09 14:34:14 0z5UdZ-0000AA-00 == rgunnar@???
> T=local_delivery defe$

                       ^
                       ^
What is that? I suspect that whatever you processed the log with has
truncated the long log line. The information that is further to the
right should tell you why the delivery has been deferred.

> >Specify your host's canonical name here. If this option is not set, the
>                      ^^^^^^^^
> Canonaical name ?

"Canonical" = some combination of "main", "standard", "authoritative",
and "official". I guess it's a bit of an uncommon English word; I'll
change it to "official", though that doesn't quite mean the same thing.

> # Specify the domain you want to be added to all unqualified addresses
> # here. Unqualified addresses are accepted only from local callers by
> # default. See the receiver_unqualified_{hosts,nets} options if you want
> # to permit unqualified addresses from remote sources. If this option is
> # not set, the primary_hostname value is used for qualification.
>
> And this. Could have been greek for my sake :-)

Will add a short definition of what an "unqualified address" is.
However, I don't really want to turn the configuration file into an
email tutorial...

> But is there a faq to be found out there that give some examples in
> normal english, to be understand by a newbie. Or is there another
> simple fix. There probably is, just that I haven't found it I guess.

The default configuration should work unmodified on single machines with
no fancy requirements. I think the simple fix might just be to discover
what the rest of the error message actually says...