[EXIM] New user

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jon Gunnar Rue
To: exim-users
Betreff: [EXIM] New user
>From what I have seen on this list so far, it looks like the knowledge
level is a lot higher than mine.

I have compiled and installed exim in an attempt to replace sendmail.
But so far it does not work out to good.

My problem is to say it short, localhost.localdomain

If I try to send a mai from ex. slrn. I get a post with a header like
this:

>0z5UdZ-0000AA-00-H
>rgunnar 500 500
><rgunnar@???>
>902665909 0
>-ident rgunnar
>-received_protocol local
>-body_linecount 0
>-local
>XX
>1

And the post is rejected by my isp's mailserver. have tried to change
my HOSTNAME, then I get something along this in the log:

1998-08-09 14:34:14 Start queue run: pid=668
1998-08-09 14:34:14 0z5UdZ-0000AA-00 == rgunnar@???
T=local_delivery defe$
1998-08-09 14:34:14 End queue run: pid=668

I have looked in the faq's etc. Looked in the config file. Lot's of
comments there, but it does not tell me so much I'm afraid.

ex:

>Specify your host's canonical name here. If this option is not set, the

                     ^^^^^^^^
Canonaical name ?

# Specify the domain you want to be added to all unqualified addresses
# here. Unqualified addresses are accepted only from local callers by
# default. See the receiver_unqualified_{hosts,nets} options if you want
# to permit unqualified addresses from remote sources. If this option is
# not set, the primary_hostname value is used for qualification.

And this. Could have been greek for my sake :-)

Don't misunderstand, I don't complain.

But is there a faq to be found out there that give some examples in
normal english, to be understand by a newbie. Or is there another
simple fix. There probably is, just that I haven't found it I guess.

E-Mail: Jon Gunnar Rue <rgunnar@???>
Date: 09-Aug-98
Time: 14:58:12

XFMail running on Linux