Re: [EXIM] Message ID cache in Exim filter?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Paul Rosenberg
A: Jim Tittsler
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Message ID cache in Exim filter?
Hi,

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Jim Tittsler wrote:

> Is there a cookbook way to have an Exim filter keep a database of the last
> 'n' seen message IDs and discard duplicate messages? (Similar to the
> feature in procmail's formail.)

I used to do the formail trick until I discovered some senders who
always put out the same message ID.

Try extracting message IDs from a week's logs and examine these
for uniqueness before you proceed.

You will see things like:

Count    Message ID

38 MAPI.Id.0016.0069726573746f723030303930303039@???
38 MAPI.Id.0016.00696d6d657965723030303830303038@???
37 v03102812b1dfb1e34da1@???
24 F5717FE0AD18D1118F4200805FFECEB901070FAC@???
22 35BDCEF6.C4AD4D69@???
17 s5b5c9b4.097@???

Some of these will crop up regularly in different messages week after
week!

However, if you can flag messages to local distribution lists, with a
particular "X-" header, then you can restrict the uniqueness check to
these messages, and prevent your users from getting multiple copies.

Best wishes
Paul R.

Paul Rosenberg, Computing Service, Univ. of Glasgow, Glasgow G12
POSTMASTER@???, Tel +44 (0)141 330 4825, Fax " " " 4808