Re: [EXIM] Majordomo (again)

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ben Smithurst
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Majordomo (again)
Anthon Walters wrote:

> I think that if I can resolve the "Failed to create spool file" issue
> everything should be working. Do I have a permission problem on a spool
> directory somewhere perhaps? ./wrapper config-test says everything should be
> working fine.

Maybe the spool permissions are wrong, that's all I can think that
would give that error[1]. (Philip: should this go in the FAQ? A few
people have had problems with spool permissions... Perhaps they are
in, I only read it once very quickly.)

Basically, assuming you run Exim as user `exim' the following should
work...

/usr/exim/bin/exim, mode 4755, owner root (if you didn't have it setuid
root, I doubt anything would work, so I assume that isn't your problem)
/var/spool/exim, mode 0700, owner exim (ditto for all subfolders)

(correct paths as needed..) Quite why you only get this error with
Majordomo, and not other locally generated mail, I don't know.

Oh, and I assume /usr/majordomo/wrapper is setuid majordom, mode 4750,
or something? If wrapper config-test succeeds, it should be. But, if
you run config-test as majordom or root you won't see any problems,
you have to run it as another user, eg yourself, or your exim user,
since that will normally be the only user to call majordomo. I don't
think this would explain the spool file creation error either...

[1] Unless your disk is full, of course :-P

--
Ben Smithurst <ben@???> <http://www.scientia.demon.co.uk/>