Re: [EXIM] Bind to specific port? (v1.92)

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Gervai
A: Jeffrey Goldberg, Philip Hazel
Cc: exim
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Bind to specific port? (v1.92)
On Tue, Jul 21, 1998 at 11:20:17PM +0100, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Peter Gervai wrote:

> > After browsing through spec.txt without any success, I ask here whether
> > it's possible to bind outgoing mail server to a specific IP?
> > My machine have sevaral aliased IPs and now exim chose one I don't
> > like. :-) I like to choose by myself. Possible?
>
> Take a look at the
>
> interface
>
> configuration option for the smtp transport. I think that this will do
> exactly what you want.

Yes, thank you!

And here I'd like to suggest the use of the word "bind" or the phrase
"binding ... to ...a specific ip... or interface" in the
documentation for easier search, first because this
was the most obvious pattern for me to search :) and second because
as far as I remember it was referenced as such in the sendmail
"documentation".

Of course this is just a small cosmetic idea, won't change the
meaning of the doc block at all.

Thanks,
grin