[EXIM] Majordomo (again)

Author: Anthon Walters
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Majordomo (again)
I am quite sorry to labour this point again but could anyone who got
Majordomo to work with Exim maybe help me figure this one out. I am unable
to establish whether the message that needs to be send from Majordomo fails
at the Majordomo end or if Exim fails to accept input from Majordomo
(although I think the latter is not the case). Basically I followed the
message with exim -d9 like this:

On sending a message to majordomo@??? exim accepts it, redirects it
(courtesy of the director on Dana's page and Ben's list example with no
deviations)and process it without errors. Majordomo accepts the message,
processes it and then it seems to die with nothing going back to exim.
/var/tmp/majordomo.debug complains with "....message_id...Failed to create
spool file ...." three or so times the carries on to say that "Requires
succeeded" with a couple of processing messages in this debug file (I am
running Majordomo with the $DEBUG = 1 option) . A message to the test list
generates a resend.debug file which amongs other processing messages
contains the error mj_resend ABORT and also notification that
.....message_id Failed to create spool file. Exim's logs does not show any
errors at all and also never gets anything back from Majordomo. The
Majordomo Log file contains the error ......resend {test}ABORT mailer
/usr/sbin/sendmail (Linked to Exim) -oi -oee -fowner-test@???
test-out exited unexpectedly with error 1

I think that if I can resolve the "Failed to create spool file" issue
everything should be working. Do I have a permission problem on a spool
directory somewhere perhaps? ./wrapper config-test says everything should be
working fine.

Pardon the verbosity or the fact that this might rather be a Majordomo
question but any help will be much appreciated.
I am using Exim 1.92 on Slakware 3.2 with kernel 2.0.33

Regards Anthon Walters