Re: [EXIM] Actual local interface address

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: James Orwell
A: rmj, exim-users, jo, sjm
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Actual local interface address
helo all,

a few observations about my IRIX problems.

1. I don't think it is IPX (fddi) related: I get the same problem when running
the debug output on an O2 running 6.3, which has no second interface:

| original hostlist=$domain options=byname
| expanded hostlist="phoxy1.ph.kcl.ac.uk" options=byname
| Actual local interface address is 255.255.255.255
| Actual local interface address is 0.0.0.0
| local host found for non-MX address

2. This also suggests that it is not a 'particular-patch-of-6.2' problem, too.
I can't get a sensible answer out of any of the Irix boxes in my keep.

3. Apologies for Ephraim and Philip for not running the test_host program. I
can't get it to compile. It falls over with a missing function definition:

| physig3 [exim-2.00/build-IRIX6-iris4d64] make test_host
|         gcc -O2   -o test_host -DSTAND_ALONE host.c \
|                    dns.c dummies.o globals.o store.o string.o tod.o \
|                    -lelf
| ld: WARNING 84: /usr/lib32/libelf.a is not used for resolving any symbol.
| ld: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "match_isinlist" -- 1st referenced by
| /var/tmp/cca000A71.o.

which is in search.o. but if I include this, there are a lot of other
unresolved functions...

I did have to patch OS/Makefile-IRIX6 a _little_ bit in order to compile
originally, but I can't see that this is the problem (my gcc didn't like the 32
flags, principly):

| physig3 [exim-2.00/OS] diff Makefile-IRIX6 Makefile-IRIX6.orig
| 4,5c4,5
| < CFLAGS=-O2
| < LFLAGS=
| ---
| > CFLAGS=-O2 -n32 -OPT:Olimit=4000
| > LFLAGS=-n32

The same error on Linux/exim-1.92 is reported anyway. I _would_ like to compile
test_host, and welcome any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong.

4. Since the 'Actual local interface address' (ILIA) problem seems independent
of extra interfaces and OS version, I reckon its something to do with the
configuration 'round here'; though the Linux machines cope. Any wild guesses or
evidence-gathering requests?

james