[EXIM] Yet another Majordomo +Exim configuration question.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dana M. Epp
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] Yet another Majordomo +Exim configuration question.
After reading the archives on the subject, I still find myself with a
few questions, and was hoping someone could help me. This message may
seem alittle wind bagged... my apologies to those who can't read more
that 20 lines in an email :)

Question 1:

Moving from smail to Exim, our mailing lists seemed to have choked.
Following some of the advice on the exim archives, I have been able to
clear up most of the problems to a point where existing users can post,
but subscribes will not work. Here is how I set it up.

In /etc/exim.conf I have added:

trusted_users: mail:majordom

In the Directors section...

majordomo_aliases:
driver = aliasfile;
file = /usr/local/majordomo/lists/lists.aliases,
search_type = lsearch,
user = majordom
group = majordom

I have removed all the info stored in /etc/aliases relating to
majordomo, and placed them in the lists.aliases file, which looks like
this:

majordom: majordomo
majordomo:      "|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper majordomo"

owner-majordomo: postmaster

############################# Test Mailing List
##############################
test: "|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper resend -l test -h netmaster.ca
test-out"
test-out: :include:/usr/local/majordomo/lists/test
owner-test: eppdm
test-owner: owner-test
owner-test-out: owner-test
test-request: "|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper request-answer test"
request-test: test-request
test-approval: owner-test
############################# End Test Mailing List
#########################

This all seems to be set up correctly. And indeed, normal list
processing works. HOWEVER, when someone subscribes, action is never
taken, and what seems to happen is obscured to be, since the logs show
success. Here is a sample:

/var/log/exim/mainlog:

1998-07-17 12:16:10 0yxFzF-0000tD-00 => |/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper
majordomo
<majordomo@???> D=majordomo_aliases T=address_pipe
1998-07-17 12:16:10 0yxFzF-0000tD-00 Completed

So it was passed to majordomo ok.

/var/log/majordomo/:

Jul 17 12:16:10 netmaster.ca majordomo[3426] {"Dana M. Epp"
<eppdm@???>} send_confirm subscribe test eppdm@???
Jul 17 12:16:10 netmaster.ca majordomo[3426] {"Dana M. Epp"
<eppdm@???>} help

Now.. the confirm NEVER made it to my mail. Why? What am I missing on
the setup. This setup is almost identical to the smail, hold that of
moving the aliases to a seperate file, and the new MTA.

Question 2:

Some qued data in /var/spool/exim/input are having trouble sending to a
majordomo list, however, I can manually send out to the same servers
fine. Is there a way to increase the retry timeout, other that in the
exim.conf "Retry Config". I think I am looking more for the socket
timeout... not the retry. Here is the error I would get, one for each
user on the list.

1998-07-17 12:27:08 0yx1yu-0000Gv-00 == user@???
<test-out@???> T=smtp defer (-25): retry time not reached for
any host

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And I concur with the archives in
the issue of possibly making a FAQ for setting up MajorDomo with Exim. I
am sure this is a common set of questions for the Exim list.

--
Dana M. Epp
eppdm@???

NetMaster Networking Solutions, Inc.
http://www.netmaster.ca

"Connecting networks to the Internet"begin:vcard
n:Epp;Dana
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:NetMaster Networking Solutions, Inc.
adr:;;;Chilliwack;BC;V2R 5L7;Canada
version:2.1
email;internet:eppdm@???
title:Director of Research and Development
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
tel;work:(604)-824-2838
fn:Dana Epp
end:vcard