Re: [EXIM] Use of header rewriting

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Michael Beattie
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Use of header rewriting
On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, Michael Beattie wrote:
>
> > I have successfully installed exim as my MTA on my Debian linux box (smail
> > sucked.. :) ). But as I am a "dial-up" user, my hostname and email
> > addresses dont quite match ( at all :) ), so I am using exim's header
> > rewriting - so far so good. My only gripe is that exim will rewrite all
> > message's headers, even if they are local messages. Is there a way to make
> > exim only rewrite remote mail?
>
> Define "local message", please. (This is a trick question.)
>
> If you can define it in such a way that you can express the condition in
> an expansion string, then you can use that to control the rewriting.

Well, my box's FQDN is omnic.rumpus.net and my email address is
mickyb@???. I use this rule to rewrite mail:

*@omnic.rumpus.net    ${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/email-addresses}\
                                                {$value}fail} bcfrsF

which looks up in this file:
--
root    root@???
omnic   mickyb@???

that works fine, but mail from "omnic@???" to
"[user]@omnic.rumpus.net" gets the from header of:

--From: Michael Beattie <mickyb@???>

I would like this to be:

--From: Michael Beattie <omnic@???>

To satisfy replying etc...
In this way, any "local" mail (omnic.rumpus.net --> omnic.rumpus.net) I
would like to keep its "@omnic.rumpus.net" and any remote mail
(omnic.rumpus.net --> [REST OF WORLD]) I would like to be rewritten as per
orders in my /etc/email-addresses file.

I suppose I should mention, omnic.rumpus.net is not registered in the DNS.

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@???)

                         "Game over, man! GAME OVER!!!"