Re: [EXIM] is this header nonsense?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: James Orwell
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] is this header nonsense?
On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, James Orwell wrote:

> I would like to know if the header makes sense or not: particularly, addresses
> of the form
>    @ip.address.here:user@somehost
> is this gibberish or not?

It is not gibberish if the ip.address.here is enclosed in square
brackets. It is an RFC 822 "source routed" address. These are getting to
be deprecated in today's Internet.

If you set collapse_source_routes in the Exim configuration, it will
collapse all such addresses down to their final form, namely
user@somehost. However, if somehost is not fully qualified, this may not
be what you want.

> if so, then i have a debugging sub-goal: remove all
> traces of said nonsense. else, a pointer to some documentation on how this
> syntax is operated on would be really really useful.

RFC 822, RFC 1123.