Re: [EXIM] unroutable domain

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Evan Leibovitch
Para: patl
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] unroutable domain
On Wed, 15 Jul 1998 patl@??? wrote:

> > I have a situation in which the exim system must punt most incoming mail
> > to a 'smartuser' director. The system to which mail is punted is an AS/400
> > that is not known to the Internet.
> >
> > Because it's an internal system, I cannot identify the AS/400 by name in
> > the local domain's DNS. It's in /etc/hosts, so it can be telnetted by
> > name. but if I try to configure exim's smartuser director to forward to
> > it using the following director setup:
> >

> > smartuser:
> > driver = smartuser
> > new_address = ${local_part}@???
> >
> > exim (V2.0) bounces messages saying that "as400.local.domain" is an
> > unroutable domain.
> >
> > If I use an explicit IP address:
> >
> > smartuser:
> > driver = smartuser
> > new_address = ${local_part}@???
> >
> > exim delivers the mail, but the AS/400 complains that 172.25.5.3 is not a
> > valid hostname.
> >
> > Any suggestions are appreciated.
>

> My first thought would be to keep that setup; but add a lookuphost router
> that uses gethostbyname.

Within a few minutes of sending the problem, I had it figured out (after
staring at it for quite some time).

I defined a new transport, that used the 'hosts' option to define the
AS/400's IP address. I then told the smartuser driver to use that
transport (setting 'new_address' to the domain name).

Works fine. Never mind :-). But thanks for the help.

- Evan