Re: [EXIM] unroutable domain

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Jim Knoble
Para: Evan Leibovitch
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] unroutable domain
You'll probably need to set up a lookuphost router for the AS/400 that
uses gethostbyname. Something like:

    lookuphost_smartuser:
        domains = as400.local.domain
        driver = smtp
        gethostbyname = true

Someone else correct any of my mistakes.

Good to see you here, Evan.

--jim

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% jim knoble %%%%%%%% jmknoble@??? %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

On Wed, 15 Jul 1998, Evan Leibovitch wrote:

: I have a situation in which the exim system must punt most incoming mail
: to a 'smartuser' director. The system to which mail is punted is an AS/400
: that is not known to the Internet.
:
: Because it's an internal system, I cannot identify the AS/400 by name in
: the local domain's DNS. It's in /etc/hosts, so it can be telnetted by
: name. but if I try to configure exim's smartuser director to forward to
: it using the following director setup:
:
:
: smartuser:
: driver = smartuser
: new_address = ${local_part}@???
:
: exim (V2.0) bounces messages saying that "as400.local.domain" is an
: unroutable domain.
:
: If I use an explicit IP address:
:
: smartuser:
: driver = smartuser
: new_address = ${local_part}@???
:
: exim delivers the mail, but the AS/400 complains that 172.25.5.3 is not a
: valid hostname.
:
: Any suggestions are appreciated.