Re: [EXIM] How to integrate Exim behind a load-balancing uni…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jochen Topf
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] How to integrate Exim behind a load-balancing unit ?
On Sat, Jul 11, 1998 at 11:50:46PM +0100, Alan Thew wrote:
> FWIW we use the `same MX' approach on inbound mail but a "load balancer"
> (of sorts) for outbound .

I am not sure what you mean. Do you mean, that you have n outgoing mail
machines and they send their outgoing mail thru the load balancer or do
you mean they get the mail from your internal network thru a load balancer?
The last option would make sense, but you can still use DNS (albeit with A
and not MX records) for that. The problem with DNS is, it doesn't know about
failing hosts, a load balancer knows. So I guess its a availability vs money
tradeoff. :-)

jochen