Re: [EXIM] Exim-1.92: Macro expansion bug with `domain=' in …

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jochen Topf
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Exim-1.92: Macro expansion bug with `domain=' in routers
On Sun, Jul 12, 1998 at 02:19:17AM -0400, Jim Knoble wrote:
> It actually looks like macros aren't getting expanded for the
> `except_domain' directive in other routers besides domainlist.

I am glad that somebody else seems to have the same problem with macros as
myself. In my experience macros sometimes work and sometimes don't. I could
never figure out what exactly the "sometimes" is and I didn't have time to
pursue it further, so I kept still. For instance I had the problem with a
retry rule not working, because of the not resolved macro with the domain.
And I have seem the same problem with macros in other options. In no single
instance I am sure, that its not a dumb fault on my side, but it happend to
often...

I stopped using macros altogether, they are not powerful enough anyways (no
if constructs etc.) and I am thinking of using cpp or m4 as a preprocessor for
my exim files, which is probabely the best ways to go (no need to duplicate
that work in exim).

Oh btw: Another probable bug that I could never pinpoint exactly: Sometimes
$lookups seem not to work, if there are spaces between the {} and the search
type. Like ...} dbm* {.... Sometimes it works... I never figured out, what
happens there.

jochen