Re: [EXIM] Rewriting for not-local_domains

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Torsten Curdt
Para: Exim-Mailinglist
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Rewriting for not-local_domains
Marc Haber wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jul 1998 13:37:02 +0200, you wrote:
> >Marc Haber wrote:
> >>
> >> Yes, but you usually use your "external" mail addresses in the
> >> intranet also.
> >>
> >Really? Does that really make sense? I mean... you send a mail to
> >xy@??? and the guy sits 3 rooms away? Pretty expensive,
> >isn´t it?
>
> Well, we have our own domain so the mail server could easily be
> configured to consider xy@??? local and not deliver them to
> the provider.

Of course! But I was thinking we were talking about the following
situation:

We have a local domain foo.de. So we have users at x@??? and y@???
That´s their local address. And these user have also provider accounts
at e.g. x@??? and y@???. So you would like to add all
the domains as local domains? ... I don´t think thats a sollution!

> I am pretty sure that you could give your exim a list of your local
> users, enabling exim to identify xy@??? as a local address,
> doing immediate and local delivery while deliveryin xyz@???
> to your provider's smarthost. However, I do not have the slightest
> idea how that could be done so you'd have to ask the List :-)

Hm... Me either!

This sollution might be ok for netscape and other relaying mailprogs,
but what´s up when a user writes his mail with e.g. pine?
If the guy is a local one he would probably only type "to: y"
and pine will expand it to y@???.
Because of sender verifying this (there might be no y@??? in the
outside world) mail get rejected!

I really think exim should do the rewriting for us! So that we
a x@??? (intern) and x@??? (extern) !!!!!

> BTW, did you mean to mail privately to me or did you step into the
> common trap of actually wanting to reply to the list and emailing me
> instead?

Hit the trap ;-) .. Sorry!

Torsten