[EXIM] pipe transport: feature request

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ben Smithurst
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] pipe transport: feature request
What I'd like to see is an option to the pipe transport, so that any
return code (except 0 or EX_TEMPFAIL) causes the message to be frozen,
regardless of whether anything is generated on the command's
STDOUT/ERR, rather than bounced. Or perhaps this is already there? All
I could find was freeze_exec_fail, but this only seems to apply when
Exim couldn't actually start the program, not when the program
returned a non zero/75 return code.

Also, would it be possible to have an extra log file, which could log
all of the output generated, rather than just the first line,
accompanied by a log_output_full option? I imagine it would be hard to
get multiple lines into the mainlog, so a format similar to rejectlog
would probably have to be used.

[reason for this: Majordomo has been giving error 69 quite a bit
recently (I've got no idea why), so I'd like messages where this
occurs frozen, not bounced, since it normally works on the next
attempt. Maybe deferring would be more appropriate than freezing, or
perhaps the behaviour could be one or the other...]

I'm sure this is the sort of thing Philip could write a patch for in
two minutes (at least the first paragraph's request anyway, the second
may need a bit more work)..... :-)

Cheers,

--
Ben Smithurst <ben@???> <http://www.scientia.demon.co.uk/>