Re: [EXIM] Exim logging by means of syslog(3)?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Harald Meland
A: exim-users
Temas nuevos: Re: [EXIM] Exim logging by means of syslog(3)?
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Exim logging by means of syslog(3)?
[Philip Hazel]

> On Wed, 8 Jul 1998, Dom Mitchell wrote:
>
> > So, if exim were to move to syslog (which overall I
> > think is a good thing - it does make log maintenance easier), then
> > there should at least remain an option to direct it to a local file.
>
> I would only add syslogging as an optional extra. For a start, _I_ want
> the logging the way it is (obviously! :-).

I hacked up something to (optionally) do logging both ways. Compiles
and seems to run OK on my Solaris 2.6 box (which is merely a null
client), otherwise untested. I have these settings in
exim-1.92/Local/Makefile:

CFLAGS=$(OPTIMIZE) $(LOCAL_FLAGS) $(DEBUG)
OPTIMIZE=-O
LOCAL_FLAGS=-DEXIM_LOG_SYSLOG -DEXIM_LOG_LOCAL

The small (3k) patch (for exim 1.92) is available at
<URL:http://www.uio.no/~hmeland/patches/exim/exim-1.92-syslog.patch>

This is really only a temporary hack, for one thing it would be much
nicer being able to use special syntax in the configuration file for
specifying logging to syslog(3) than having to decide at build time.
However, I don't know Exim well enough to accomplish that yet, so I'll
leave it to Philip :)

How Exim logfile correlates to syslog(3) level (everything is logged
to the LOG_MAIL facility):

  main        ->    LOG_INFO
  reject    ->    LOG_DEBUG
  panic        ->    LOG_ALERT