Re: [EXIM] docs again

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: vtmue
Cc: eml
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] docs again
On Thu, 9 Jul 1998 vtmue@??? wrote:

> since there were no additions made to the online docs (howto, faq) for
> quite a while, and since I'm convinced that Philip and Nigel cannot afford
> much time on that besides all the other exim-related tasks, I'd like to
> ask all (primarily advanced) users for suggestions how to provide more
> docs, particularly howtos and faqs.

When I have released 2.00 (next week) I am going to spend some time
pulling together the start of an FAQ and writing an introductory
document explaining things in more detail. I hope also to construct some
kind of cookbook related to the FAQ.

> In my opinion, a set of howtos that fit to the needs of beginners would
> provide a major step towards a more popular exim.

Agreed!

> Now, how could this be done? I thought of the following way:
> Possibly some of you have configured things like header rewriting, virtual
> domains, handling of mailing lists etc. in a way that you think it's worth
> recommending to others. Those may write howtos and send them either to
> the list for feedback or directly to Philip and/or Nigel. The latter could
> then put them online after having evaluated the correctness of the
> contents.

I have a few things stored up from which to start. In a few weeks I
might have something to show to the list (though I'll be taking a couple
of weeks vacation sometime in August).

> Additions, comments, criticism and Pizzas welcome :)

Pizzas are *always* welcome!

P.Hazel@???          New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
ph10@??? (sic)       England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714