Re: [EXIM] Majordomo, Digest and pipe output

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Marc Haber
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Majordomo, Digest and pipe output
On Wed, 8 Jul 1998 21:01:31 +0100 (BST), you wrote:
>On Wed, 8 Jul 1998, Marc Haber wrote:
>> I am still working on majordomo and exim. When I have a list that has
>> a digest, mail is piped to the majordomo digest script that produces
>> some debugging output. That output is caught by exim and causes the
>> mail delivery to fail.
>
>Bloody annoying, that is. Just edit the digest script, look for
>Receiving, and delete the print STDOUT line, that's printed when a
>message is sent to the -digestify address.

I would prefer a solution that would leave majordomo unaltered, making
future updates easier. Setting return_fail_output in the pipe
transport worked fine. Now I'd have to work up a condition that
identifies mail sent by majordomo (or perhaps generated by the
majordomo.alias file) and runs that mail through a different pipe
transport than normal pipes (where I'd want return_output anyway).

That will be a leisure project though.

>> I don't have the slightest idea about sendmail and would like to know
>> if a pipe generates output. Does that cause the delivery to fail also?
>> Do I have to to >/dev/null to get exim to actually deliver that mail?
>
>It doesn't fail, no, but Exim thinks it has.

I see. How does a default-configured sendmail deal with a pipe's
output?

Greetings
Marc