Re: [EXIM] Majordomo, Digest and pipe output

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Ben Smithurst
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Majordomo, Digest and pipe output
On Wed, 8 Jul 1998, Marc Haber wrote:

> I am still working on majordomo and exim. When I have a list that has
> a digest, mail is piped to the majordomo digest script that produces
> some debugging output. That output is caught by exim and causes the
> mail delivery to fail.

Bloody annoying, that is. Just edit the digest script, look for
Receiving, and delete the print STDOUT line, that's printed when a
message is sent to the -digestify address. When you're actually making
the digests, I just call

/usr/majordomo/wrapper digest ....

directly, I can't see any point sending it through Exim when you have
direct access to it.

> I don't have the slightest idea about sendmail and would like to know
> if a pipe generates output. Does that cause the delivery to fail also?
> Do I have to to >/dev/null to get exim to actually deliver that mail?

It doesn't fail, no, but Exim thinks it has.

--
Ben Smithurst <ben@???> <http://www.scientia.demon.co.uk/>