[EXIM] debuggin flags iz buggin me

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: James Orwell
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [EXIM] debuggin flags iz buggin me
helo all,

since I wish to have a closer look at what exim's doing, I set
"STDERR_FILE=/var/log/exim.debug" in Local/Makefile, recompiled, recopied the
"exim" binary only over to the target host, and added the flags "-df -d5" to
its init.d/sendmail startup script:

daemon /usr/lib/sendmail -df -d5 -bd -q1h

(which of course points to ../exim/bin/exim)

the process hangs the machine on boot-up and I have to re-start in single user
mode to tweak the flags some more.

ommitting the "-df" flag writes the messages to the screen (and prevents it
from doing anything else on runlevel 3) and omitting the "-d<number>" flag
means it doesn't write output. any ideas?

James

James Orwell                                   email: jo@???
Image Processing Group                         phone: 0171 873 2894
Physics Department,                            fax:   0171 873 2716
Kings College London.
WC2R 2LS
                                       "640K ought to be enough for anybody."
                                                         --  Bill Gates, 1981