Re: [EXIM] debuggin flags iz buggin me

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: James Orwell
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] debuggin flags iz buggin me
Thanks. I'll debug my configuration using a command-line invoked exim, then
re-instate the call from the init scripts.

james

On Jul 8, 11:47am, Philip Hazel wrote:
> (1) -df was invented as a way of collecting debugging information from Exims
> started up by inetd.
>
> (2) I never expected anybody wanting to run the daemon with debugging
> turned on in the system boot up files.
>
> (3) You can run the daemon with debugging just by killing it, and then
> obeying
>
>     exim -d5 -bd -q1h

> manually (as root). The debugging output is then written to stderr.
> However, if you do this, the daemon does not disconnect from the
> controlling terminal. This means you can kill it with ^C, even if you
> have re-directed stderr somewhere else. (It is presumably this feature
> that is causing the problems when you put -d in the system boot file.)

James Orwell                                   email: jo@???
Image Processing Group                         phone: 0171 873 2894
Physics Department,                            fax:   0171 873 2716
Kings College London.
WC2R 2LS
                                       "640K ought to be enough for anybody."
                                                         --  Bill Gates, 1981