Re: [EXIM] Generating warning messages for depricated domain

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: David Sheryn
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: Jeffrey Goldberg, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Generating warning messages for depricated domain
On Tue, 7 Jul 1998, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Jul 1998, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:
>
> > We have a deprecated domain, cran.ac.uk, which despite efforts over
> > the past 5 years is still used.
>
> Chop it off. They will soon learn. :-)
>
> > What I would like to do is deliver mail normally addressed to things
> > in that domain, but to also generate a message to the sender (envelope
> > form) of the message informing them that the address @*.cran.ac.uk
> > is to go away.
>
> It should be possible to do this with an "unseen" smartuser director,
> and an autoreply transport, along the lines of the following (cribbed
> from David Sheryn's example of the same sort of thing):
>
> warning_t:
>   driver        = autoreply
>   file          = /usr/local/mail/warning.txt
>   file_expand
>   from          = postmaster@???
>   to            = $sender_address
>   user          = exim
>   subject       = "Re: Your mail to ${local_part}@${domain}"

> auto_warning_d:
>   driver        = smartuser
>   domains       = cran.ac.uk
>   condition     = ${if eq{$sender_address}{}{no}{yes}}
>   transport     = warning_t
>   no_verify
>   unseen

> ... but David was having some problems with this which I'm not sure got
> fully resolved. (An alternative to skipping when $sender_address is null
> would be to send to postmaster@???.)

Apologies to Phil for not replying earlier, I upgraded from V1.82 to V1.927 on
the affected machine, and the "strangeness" went away :-( ... so the
arrangement above seems to be working fine.

DHS
-- David Sheryn <D.H.Sheryn@???> Postmaster, Computing Services
-- City University, Northampton Square, London, EC1V 0HB
-- Phone: (+44) 171 477 8000 Direct 0171 477 8196 Fax: 0171 477 8565