Re: [EXIM] exim, subdomains, qualify_domain and majordomo

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] exim, subdomains, qualify_domain and majordomo
On Tue, 7 Jul 1998, Marc Haber wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Jul 1998 09:30:20 +0100 (BST), you wrote:
> >Unqualified addresses are qualified on receipt by Exim, since internally
> >it works entirely with qualified addresses.
>
> That's how I understood exim and was confused by the suggestion to use
> qualify_preserve_domain.

That was because *I* misunderstood your problem and answered in a hurry.
I thought you had unqualified addresses in the alias file.

> >(1) Why can't you just put the domain in the test-list line as you have
> >done above in the test that worked?
>
> I can do this for my own machine. However, I am trying to coax my ISP
> into dropping sendmail in favor of exim. They are very concerned about
> their setup requiring non-standard configuration, so I'd like to be
> able to run a majordomo that is as closely out-of-the-box as possible.

I can understand that, though the specific alias file can't come out of
the box, can it? Getting people to use fully qualified addresses all the
time would be a Good Thing.

> >(2) If you can't do that, you will have to find some way of using
> >rewriting to recognize the addresses submitted by majordomo and change
> >them that way.
>
> Hm (not tried, I am at home):
>
> |*@mydomain.de "$if{eq {$sender_ident}{majordomo}{$1@???}fail}"
>
> I pulled sender_ident from the default received_header_text. Will that
> work in a rewrite rule also?

It should do. However, I don't think that rule is safe. If another host
sent a message to *@mydomain.de and happened to send "majordomo" as the
RFC 1413 identification string, the rule would trigger. It might be
better to test for $sender_address being majordomo@???,
or possibly to test for *both* conditions.

Or, alternatively, you could test for $sender_host_address being empty,
indicating a locally submitted message, and then check the ident.

P.Hazel@???          New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
ph10@??? (sic)       England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714