Re: [EXIM] spool file is locked

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Marc Haber, Ben Smithurst
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] spool file is locked
On Thu, 2 Jul 1998, Marc Haber wrote:

> I frequently find entries like
> 1998-07-02 14:50:01 0yriTA-0004G2-00 Spool file is locked
> in my exim log.
>
> I can't find documentation about these lock entries in the docs.

This comment is just in time. I will add something to the next edition.

On Thu, 2 Jul 1998, Ben Smithurst wrote:

> As an aside, I'd be interested in a way to find out if a message is
> locked before kicking it with -M, there seems to be no associated
> .lock file or anything. The presence of a -J file sometimes helps, but
> not for messages with only one recipient. I assume Exim handles file
> locking internally, or something, rather than by lock files?

Exim locks its spool files using fcntl(). It is locking only against
itself, so there is no need to use lock files. It would be trivial to
write a little utility program to check for locking of a spool file
(Exim locks on the -D files, not the -H ones). However, the cost of
doing this is very much the same as kicking it with -M because the first
thing that does is to see if the message is locked and if so, give up.

P.Hazel@???          New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
ph10@??? (sic)       England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714